Generation No. 1
1. AARON H.1 PRESLEY was born 1796 in New York, and died 04 Aug 1875 in Hastings Co. Ontario, Canada1. He married ELLENAOR Bef. 1841 in Hastings, Ontario, Canada. She was born Abt. 1812 in Prince Edward Co., Ontario, Canada, and died 23 Apr 1875 in Hastings, Ontario, Canada.
More About AARON H. PRESLEY:
Military service: 10 Jun 1813, War of 1812, was a private in Captain Solomon McCumbers Company of drafted Militia Regiment Under Colonel Allen at Sacketts Harbour.
Children of AARON PRESLEY and ELLENAOR are:
2. i. JOHN2 PRESLEY, b. 02 Jan 1849, Canada; d. 27 Jan 1911, Clare, Michigan.
ii. GEORGE PRESLEY, b. 1852, Canada; m. (1) MARY ALICE DUNHAM; b. 1840, Camdon East Township, Ontario Canada; d. Bet. 1883 - 1887; m. (2) ELIZA DAFOE, 06 Feb 1887, Flinton, Ontario Canada; b. 1847, Sheffield, Ontario Canada.
iii. WILLIAM PRESLEY, b. Canada.
iv. JAMES PRESLEY, b. Canada.
v. THOMAS PRESLEY, b. 1843, Canada; m. ANNIE HART, 04 Mar 1865, Hastings, Ontario, Canada; b. 1849, Canada.
vi. SARA PRESLEY, b. Canada.
vii. A. PRESLEY, b. Canada.
3. viii. ELIZABETH PRESLEY, b. 1847, Canada.
Generation No. 2
2. JOHN2 PRESLEY (AARON H.1) was born 02 Jan 1849 in Canada, and died 27 Jan 1911 in Clare, Michigan2. He married (1) MARIAH CROUSE 01 Jul 1875 in Hastings, Ontario, Canada. She was born 1856 in Shannonville. He married (2) MALISSA JANE LANSING 07 Jan 1885 in Wise Twp. Isabella, Michigan, daughter of GABRIEL LANSING and HANNAH FOX-LANSING. She was born 01 May 1859 in Bridgewater, Hastings County, Ontario, and died 22 May 1922 in Clare, Michigan3.
Children of JOHN PRESLEY and MARIAH CROUSE are:
i. CARRIE3 PRESLEY, b. 1876, Canada; d. Canada.
ii. CHILD PRESLEY.
Children of JOHN PRESLEY and MALISSA LANSING are:
4. iii. JOHN WESTLEY3 PRESLEY, b. 03 Oct 1888, Michigan; d. 03 Jan 1951, Clare, Michigan.
iv. BESSIE M. PRESLEY, b. 1893, Michigan.
v. ADA BELLE PRESLEY, b. 1897, Michigan; m. (1) WILSON; m. (2) MR. LUCAS.
vi. ORAN PRESLEY, b. Michigan.
3. ELIZABETH2 PRESLEY (AARON H.1) was born 1847 in Canada. She married WILLIAM BADGLEY 15 Sep 1869 in Hasting County, Ontario, Canada. He was born 1845 in Hungerford Twp., Hasting, Ontario, Canada.
Child of ELIZABETH PRESLEY and WILLIAM BADGLEY is:
i. ARTHUR3 BADGLEY, b. 1884.
Generation No. 3
4. JOHN WESTLEY3 PRESLEY (JOHN2, AARON H.1) was born 03 Oct 1888 in Michigan, and died 03 Jan 1951 in Clare, Michigan4. He married INA PENROSE, daughter of ORRIS PENROSE and PHOEBE THOMPSON. She was born 03 Sep 1894 in Clare, Michigan, and died 29 Jan 1984 in Clare, Michigan5.
Children of JOHN PRESLEY and INA PENROSE are:
5. i. BETTY GERALDINE4 PRESLEY, b. 27 Oct 1927, Alma, Michigan.
ii. ORRIS JOHN PRESLEY, b. 21 Jul 1916, Alma, Michigan; d. 27 May 1989; m. MARIAN BERTHA NOYES.
iii. DONNA R. PRESLEY, b. 1918; m. SCHAIFLEY.
iv. MAXINE PEARL PRESLEY, b. 11 Apr 1919, Alma, Michigan; d. 25 Jul 2004, Midland, Michigan; m. RUSSELL SCHAFLEY; b. Abt. 1917.
Generation No. 4
5. BETTY GERALDINE4 PRESLEY (JOHN WESTLEY3, JOHN2, AARON H.1) was born 27 Oct 1927 in Alma, Michigan. She married 'BARNEY' GERALD MALCOLM KNAPP 17 Aug 1946 in Clare, Michigan, son of ARTHUR KNAPP and GLADYS BOODY. He was born 19 Oct 1925 in Alma, Michigan, and died 27 Sep 1997 in St Louis, Michigan6.
More About 'BARNEY' GERALD MALCOLM KNAPP:
Cause of Death: Chronic Pulminary Disease
Social Security Number: 367-20-5331
Children of BETTY PRESLEY and 'BARNEY' KNAPP are:
6. i. WALLACE WARREN5 KNAPP, b. 19 Jan 1950, Alma, Michigan.
7. ii. MIKE ARTHUR KNAPP, b. 31 Dec 1953, Alma, Michigan.
8. iii. JEFFERY TODD KNAPP, b. 27 Nov 1956, Alma, Michigan.
iv. TIM JAE KNAPP, b. 12 Sep 1951, Alma, Michigan; d. 14 Jul 1974, Roscommon, Michigan7.
More About TIM JAE KNAPP:
Burial: Alma, Michigan
Memorial: A computer was donated to his school in his name
Social Security Number: 374549964
Generation No. 5
6. WALLACE WARREN5 KNAPP (BETTY GERALDINE4 PRESLEY, JOHN WESTLEY3, JOHN2, AARON H.1) was born 19 Jan 1950 in Alma, Michigan. He married MARGARET PEARL EVANS 22 Feb 1969 in Alma, Michigan Wesleyan Church, daughter of CLARE EVANS and VERA HARRIS. She was born 16 Feb 1951 in Alma, Michigan.
More About MARGARET PEARL EVANS:
Namesake: Named after both her Grandmothers. Margaret and Pearl. (Margaret means Pearl in the Name Dictionary)
Marriage Notes for WALLACE KNAPP and MARGARET EVANS:
Tim Knapp (Wally's Brother)
Krystal Hicks ( Friend of Margaret)
Terry Evans (Margaret's Brother)
Lynn Zigray (Terry's Girlfriend)
Children of WALLACE KNAPP and MARGARET EVANS are:
i. LINDSEY ANNE6 KNAPP, b. 22 Mar 1983,
ii. ADAM JAMES KNAPP, b. 09 Aug 1981, Grayling, Michigan.
iii. TYLER WADE KNAPP, b. 28 Mar 1986, Grayling, Michigan.
7. MIKE ARTHUR5 KNAPP (BETTY GERALDINE4 PRESLEY, JOHN WESTLEY3, JOHN2, AARON H.1) was born 31 Dec 1953 in Alma, Michigan. He married GLORIA BIGELOW.
Children of MIKE KNAPP and GLORIA BIGELOW are:
i. HOLLY6 KNAPP.
ii. PATRICK KNAPP.
iii. JASON KNAPP.
8. JEFFERY TODD5 KNAPP (BETTY GERALDINE4 PRESLEY, JOHN WESTLEY3, JOHN2, AARON H.1) was born 27 Nov 1956 in Alma, Michigan. He married (1) RAYANNE SHIRLEY. He married (2) JANE.
Children of JEFFERY KNAPP and RAYANNE SHIRLEY are:
i. RYAN6 KNAPP.
ii. JUSTIN KNAPP.
iii. JARED KNAPP.
1. Ancestry.com.Listed as Aaron H. Purley, but if you look closly it is Presley.
2. Isabella County Enterprise January 1911, Pioneers Pass OnJohn Presley was born in Canada, January 2, 1849, and died in Clare, January 27, 1911. He came to Michigan in 1877 and settled in Lansingville, now Herrick, where he continually resided until the summons came to him last Friday evening to cross the unseen line and pass to his heavenly home.In 1867 he married Miss Maria Crouse and to them was born two children. But mother and children did not live long. In 1875 he married Miss Malissa Lansing, youngest daughter of the late Gabriel Lansing, a pioneer of Herrick. To them were born five children of whom 4 survive. Oran, John, Bessie and Ada Belle, all of Herrick. Three sisters; Mrs. Sara Wheeler of Canada, Mrs. A . Bronson of Cedar Rapids Iowa, and Mrs. Wm. Badgley of Herrick; four brothers, William of Alberta, George of Loomis, James of Canada and Thomas of Clare.Mr. Presley was converted in early life. The funeral services were held at Clare Methodist church on Monday, January 30, and were conducted by his pastor, Rev. Quinton Walker, the subject of his eulogy being “A prince, a great man has fallen”.At the close of the service the large audience passed by the flower laden casket and took the final look at the peaceful face of the man they loved for he was a loving husband, a kind father, a tender brother and a friend to all.He was laid away to rest in beautiful Cherry Grove..
3. Mrs. John Presley – Source Clare Courier June 2, 1922, Melissa Jane Lansing was of Canadian descent, having been born in Bridgewater, Hastings County, Ontario, May 1, 1859.She came with her parents to Michigan in the year 1882. In 1885 she was united in marriage to John W. Presley who preceded her in death about eleven years ago. They began housing on the old farm three miles east of Clare, the present home of her son, John Presley Jr., where they lived until her husbands death. Five children were born to them two sons, Orin and John Jr., and three daughters, Bessie and Addie, one having died in infancy. Mr. and Mrs. Presley were always earnest Christian workers in the Methodist Church, where they always attended. After Mr. Presley’s Death, she came to Clare where she has lived and made a home with her daughters. The deceased had always enjoyed good health until very recently when she was taken with hemorrhage of the nose, and her sudden death Monday evening. May 22nd, came with great shock to her dear ones and her neighbors. She will be greatly missed by all as she was such a devoted one to her family and acquaintances. She leaves to mourn their loss Orin and John, of Clare; Mrs. Bessie Guinand, of DesMoins, Iowa, and Addie at home. Also three brothers, Wm. R. Isaac, Jr., and James D. Lansing, all of Clare.The funeral was held from the M.E. church Thursday afternoon, May 25th, in charge of her pastor, E.W. Davis, who spoke from 1 john 1:2 , and the remains were laid at rest in the family lot in Cherry Grove.The family have the sympathy of all who knew her..
4. Isabella County Enterprise January 1951, Funeral Services were held this afternoon, Jan 6, from the Clare Methodist church for John Wesley Presley of R-2, Clare, who died Jan. 3, at his farm home in Wise township, Isabella County. The Rev. Leslie Nevins officiated. Burial was in Cherry Grove cemetery with the Stevenson funeral home.Mr. Presley was born Oct. 3, 1888 in Wise township on the same farm where he spent his entire lifetime. He attended Herrick school as a youth and was a member at the Clare Methodist church. Mr Presley was a farmer. Besides his wife, Ina he is survived by one son, Orris. Three daughters, Mrs. Donna Bradley of Clare, Mrs. Maxine Schiafley of Bay City and Mrs. Betty Knapp of Alma. A brother, Oren Presley of Saginaw and , one sister Mrs. Addie Wilson of Clare.
5. Ina M. Presley – Source : Morning Sun, Monday, Jnauary 30, 1984, Ina M. Presley, 89 of Clare, died Sunday, January 29, 1984, at Clare Nursing Home.Sevices will be Wednesday at 2pm at the Stephenson-Wyman Funeral Home in Clare with the Rev. Marvin Rosa officating. Burial will be at Cherry Grove Cemetery in Clare. Friends may call at the funeral home after 7pm today.Mrs. Presley was born on September 3, 1984, in Sheridan Township to Orris and Pheobe Penrose. She Married John W. Presley on September 1, 1915. Mr. Presley died in 1951.Mrs. Presley was a lifelong resident of the area and a homemaker. She was a member of the Clare United Methodist Church and the ladies aid society of the church.Surviving are one son, Orris of Clare, three daughters. Mrs. Thomas (Donna) Bradley of Clare, Mrs. Russell (Maxine) Schlafley of Midland and Mrs. Gerald (Betty) Knapp of Alma; 13 Grandchildren; 36 Great-Grandchildren and 5 Great-Great-Grandchildren.She was preceded in death by one grandson..
6. Gerald ‘Barney’ Knapp – Source Morning Sun, September-October 1997, Gerald Barney Knapp, 71 of Alma passed away Saturday, September 27, 1997, at Schnepp Health Care Center.Funeral services are 1pm Tuesday at Lux-Moody-Wolfel Funeral Home with Pastor Phil Friedrick of the Alma United Methodist Church officiating. Burial will be in Riverside Cemetery, Alma. Visitation is today from 1-4pm and 7-9pm. Memorial contributions are suggested to the American Red Cross. Barney was born October 19, 1925 in Alma, the son of Arthur and Gladys (Boody) Knapp. He was a lifelong resident of Alma and served in the Marine Corps during World War II from December 1943 to March 1946. He married Betty G. Presley on August 17, 1946 in Clare, Michigan.He worked as a lab technician at the Velsicol for many years and after the company closed, he took a job with Alma Public Schools where he worked as a custodian until his retirement in 1987. He was a member of the Alma United Methodist Church.He is Survived by his wife, Betty;three sons, Wallace (Margaret) Knapp of Grayling, Michael (Gloria) Knapp of Higgins Lake, and Jefferey (Rayanne) Knapp of Ludington; and 9 grand-children.He was preceded in death by a son, Tim; his parents; and a Sister Arbutus ‘Tootie’ Sekerman..
7. Morning Sun July 1974, Tim Jay KnappTim Jay Knapp 22, of Alma Died July 14, 1974.He was born September 12, 1951 and attended the Alma public schools and the United Methodist church of Alma. He was employed as a union representative of the retail clearks association.He is survived by his parents, Gerald Barney and Betty Knapp, Alma, and three Wallace, st. Louis, and Michael and Jeffery, both of Alma.Services will be wednesday, July 17, at the Dewey Funeral HOme at 1:30pm., Rev. George Elliott officiating. Burial will follow at the Riverside Cemetery..